Confidentiality and data processing policy
– VERSION JUNE 2021 –
Below we describe what personal data is collected or processed when you use our website. This confidentiality policy also explains how the data is used, shared and protected, your options and rights, and how to contact us.
I) ABOUT US
Rouje is responsible for your personal data and will be referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this confidentiality policy. Our company is registered with the Paris Registry of Commerce and Companies under number 817 934 797 00017.
Our registered office is situated at 11 bis rue Bachaumont - 75002 Paris, France. If you have any questions about our confidentiality policy or the use of your personal data on our website, please contact us by email by writing to the following address [email protected]
II) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
a) The information you provide us with
In order to place an order on our website, create a customer account, contact us or subscribe to our newsletter and other marketing activities, in general you provide us with the following data:
- Your identity and contact details: your first name, surname, the language in which and country from which you are contacting us, as well as your email address, postal address, delivery address and telephone number.
- Bank and payment details: your bank details (please note that all payment transactions are encrypted by the receiving bank. We do not store card numbers), information about your purchases, orders, returns etc.
- Log-in, geolocation and browsing data
- Your profile - if you open a customer account, you create a profile and log in each time you visit our website. In this case, data, including your customer username and password, recent purchases or preferences, will be saved.
- Your personal preferences: this includes your wish list and marketing and cookie preferences.
- Additional personal data: You may also provide us with other personal information such as your date of birth, gender etc. We alone collect and store this additional data and use it in our analyses to improve our services.
When we ask you to enter your personal data to access a feature, certain fields are mandatory as we require this data in order to grant you access to this feature (e.g. to deliver a parcel we need your postal address).
It is important that the personal data shared about you is correct and kept up-to-date. Please inform us of any change in such details.
We do not store any sensitive personal data and, as our website is not intended for children, we do not store any data regarding children.
b) Data obtained from cookies
- Usage data - this data includes products and services that you have purchased from us and the way in which you use our website and applications.
- Technical data - this data includes: Your IP address, search engine and version of it, location and time zone, browser extension, operating system and platform, as well as other technical data about the device you use to browse our website.
- Information about your visit, including URLs and your click path, from and on our website (including the date and time); the products you consult or searched for; page response times, downloading errors, time spent on the pages, interaction on the pages (such as clicks and mouse movements), the way in which you exit the pages.
III) WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the type of data we have access to about you, we may process it for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration as a website user: if you wish to use our services, we need to process your data in order to identify you as a website user and allow you to access the various features and personalised services. You can delete your account at any time by contacting us. The legal basis for this purpose is the fulfilment of pre-contractual measures or contractual obligations.
- To enter into a purchase agreement with you: your data is used to keep you updated regarding the status of your order, to prepare your order, accept your payment, give you access to aftersales services or refund your order. It also allows us to inform you of any fraud against you or us during the purchase process. If we consider the action as fraudulent, this processing may allow us to block the transaction. The legal basis for this purpose is the fulfilment of contractual obligations.
- To respond to requests sent to customer services: the legal basis for this purpose is the fulfilment of contractual obligations, pre-contractual measures or the legitimate interest of ROUJE, depending on the specific request.
- To improve our services: when using our website, you are informed that we process your browsing and purchase data for analytical and statistical purposes. This data allows us to better understand the way in which you use our website, in order to improve the user-friendliness and quality of our services. The legal basis for this purpose is your consent, which you have previously given.
- For marketing purposes: if you have subscribed to our Newsletter, we process your data in order to manage your subscription and send you relevant information via email or SMS, based on the preferences you indicated. We can also contact you via push notifications if you have subscribed to this service. We need your consent for all direct marketing. You can also cancel your subscription for our communications at any time (for example to unsubscribe from the newsletter, simply click on the button “Click here to unsubscribe” found at the bottom of all of our newsletters and confirm cancellation of your subscription). The legal basis for this purpose is your consent, which you have previously given.
If you agree to receive direct marketing content, whether via our newsletter or push notifications, we may use the information you have provided for the following purposes:
- To share information about our events, products, services or on-going offers
- To make recommendations about certain products or services which may interest you
- For market research, in order to better understand your expectations concerning our products and the services proposed by our website.
The legal basis for these purposes is your consent, which you have previously given.
IV) THIRD PARTIES
In the context of your use of our website, you may receive information from third parties with which we work, offering you certain services. This may include:
- Financial establishments - Fraud detection and prevention entities
- Logistical, transport and delivery services
- Marketing or advertising service providers
We may share your personal data with our third parties for the following reasons, for example:
- Payment services in order to complete payments;
- Delivery companies to deliver your order;
- Credit and fraud prevention agencies to carry out a credit check and confirm your identity;
- Analysis software which allows us to process your data in order to optimise your purchase experience on our website.
We ask third parties to undertake to respect the security of your personal data, in accordance with the law. Third parties can only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
V) WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Your consent must be clearly and unequivocally given. That is why, when you agree to receive our communications (in particular via newsletters):
- We explain how we will use your data and the type of communication you will receive;
- You must check the box confirming your consent to subscribe;
- You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our direct marketing via newsletter, you can do so at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email “
To unsubscribe, visit this page.” A page will open. Simply click on the button “Confirm cancellation of your subscription”. If you have a customer account on our website, you can also unsubscribe or change your preferences by logging in to your account.
Cookies (incuding those in advertising banners) require a specific cancellation of subscription. Please click here for more information.
b) Other rights
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended by the law of 6 August 2004, the Customer is entitled to access or request rectification, modification or erasure of their personal data.
- Right to access data: gives you to opportunity to receive a copy of the personal data we have concerning you
- Right to request rectification: gives you the opportunity to request the correction of incorrect personal data.
- Right to request erasure of your personal data or “right to be forgotten”: gives you the means to request the erasure of your data.
- The right to limit your data: gives you the option to limit ROUJE's processing of your data.
- The right to data portability: allows you to receive your personal data in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format and ask for this data to be sent to another data controller.
Email address: [email protected]
Or sending us a letter to the following address:
5, rue du Coq Héron
Please note, however, that we cannot always meet requests for legal reasons, which we will explain, as may be relevant, after receiving your request. If you have a customer account, you can aso change your personal details via your customer account by logging in using your email address and password.
VI) SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you created an account, you chose a password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. That is why we recommend choosing an effective password and not sharing it. We recommend that you only log in using secure networks, preferably private networks. Be aware of the risks of using public Wi-Fi networks.
If you receive an email claiming to be from the brand for which we work asking you to provide personal details, please do not reply. Forward the email to us so we can take the necessary measures.
VII) STORAGE PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your data is retained until it has served the purpose for which it was collected.
However, and more specifically:
In the context of a subscription to our newsletter, we will no longer contact you if you have not opened our newsletters for more than three years.
Any modification of this policy will be updated on this page, if appropriate, and you will be notified thereof by email.
A Cookie is a text file that may be saved on a terminal when consulting a Service using a browser software. Throughout its validity period, a Cookie allows its issuer to recognise the terminal every time it accesses digital content containing Cookies from the same issuer. Users are advised that while they are connected to the website or applications and when using these services, Cookies are installed on the receiving terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) in order for these services to operate correctly, or on their browser depending on their Cookie preferences. These preferences can be changed at any time.
To change your preferences, click here.
a) Refusal of cookies
If the User refuses to store Cookies on their terminal or browser, or if they delete the ones stored there, the User is advised that their browsing and experience on the Website or Application may be limited. This may also be the case if the Publisher or one of its service providers cannot recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language or display settings, or the country in which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. Where applicable, the Publisher declines all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded operation of the Services resulting from (i) the refusal of Cookies by the User (ii) the inability of the Publisher to save or consult the Cookies needed for their operation due to User preferences.
b) Configuring your browser
Users can configure their browser software so that Cookies are stored on their terminal or, conversely, are rejected, either automatically or depending on their issuer. Users can also configure their browser software so that they are prompted to accept or refuse a Cookie before it is stored on their terminal. Each browser is set up differently to manage Cookies and User preferences. This is explained in the browser's help menu, which shows you how to change your Cookie preferences:
- Internet Explorer™
Users can choose to state or modify their Cookie preferences at any time.